Re: Common House costs
From: Jasmine Gold (juturnaix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:02:12 -0700 (MST)
I was recently looking at the blueprints for the E-Z Cohousing group in
Pleasant Hill, California. I saw lots of things labelled as home
offices. When I asked about them, I was told that these were the
children's rooms, craft rooms, etc. They were labelled this way to avoid
many code issues including having an elevator. They are using the Jim
Leach/Wunderland streamlined model with The Cohousing Company. I don't
have any more details, but this might be something to look into in other
areas as well.

--Jasmine Gold, PERCH (San Franciso Peninsula Region Cohousing) where we
are the process of forming an LLC and getting financing paperwork
together because our real estate agent has told us is the only way to
compete in this crazy real estate market where what little developable
raw land exists goes for $2,000,0000 an acre and we are still figuring
out how to compete with developers.