Re: Cutting boards and vegetarians
From: Veena Achar (veenadnai.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:50:16 -0700 (MST)
I am a strict vegetarian and for our cohousing community kichen, I am
hoping to have completely seperate cutting boards for meat and eggs. So
aprt from this 'bugs' issue there are other issues like this that can
become a problem for vegetarians.

We will also hopefully not use the same wooden ladles between meat and
non meat dishes  and have labelled drawers that indicate what it for
what. Being the only couple (so far) who are vegetarian in the group, I
am very interested in knowing how this will all turn out. Education
obviously will need to be a major part of things and I like the idea of
holding workshops!

Would be interesting to know what other vegetarian cohousers out there
do  right now in established common house kithens..

Veena Achar
Pleasant Hill cohousing, CA