Re: Common House costs
From: Ted Parker (tparkerkohlconstruction.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 11:56:26 -0700 (MST)
And remember as well that avoiding the code enforcement authorities
does not absolve you of civil liability for failure to comply with
the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).  If a resident - or even a
guest - with accessibility needs was unable to use all parts of your
common house, they could sue you for failure to comply.  It has been
repeatedly affirmed by the courts that the 'building inspector said
it was o.k.' excuse is not a legal defense.