Re: Cutting boards and vegetarians
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 21:53:08 -0700 (MST)
In a message dated 1/19/2000 10:07:26 PM, admin [at] moonland.com writes:

<< Cleaning product companies are creating virtual hysteria with more and more
powerful and toxic products poured into our toilet bowls and --
eventually -- into our rivers.  >>

It's amazing what these chemical companies are allowed to sell.
Also (and I'm just guessing on this) but I don't buy those anti-bacterial
soaps because I believe we are probably just going to create more super-bugs.
 By the time the anti-bacterial agent gets into the city sewer it been
diluted thousands, perhaps millions of times.  This extremely low level of
chemical activity makes it more likely that pathogenic bacteria will survive
and then pass on this survivability trait to its offspring and other
bacteria. It's already happening with livestock antibiotics.

On the other hand, I don't know if any bacteria can survive old-fashioned
bleach or ammonia.  Does anyone know if there is any environmentl impact from
either of these two?  (By the way, NEVER mix bleach with ammonia- that
creates a poisonous gas)

-Roger