Re: Food handling
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:34:09 -0700 (MST)
> It takes less than an hour to read the food handlers book. I don't think
> that is too much to ask of people. We have two nurses and a doctor in our
> group and they tend to be kind of in your face about this kind of stuff, and
> I am glad they are.

I had disdained dishwashers until I shared a house with a doctor's
wife who was in her 70s. Her husband had been on the housing committee
for New York City and given  monthly lectures to the social workers on
infectious diseases. She had lived through TB and a host of other
germs that were passed along on the plates and glasses but that we
have entirely forgotten if we ever knew about them. Straws were not
invented to get children to drink their milk.

I still don't use the dishwasher often at home--it takes forever to
fill up and I don't have that many dishes--but when guests come, I use
it. I also use it on a weekly basis for things I often just rinse and
put in the drainer like the colander, lids, juicer parts, etc.

Sharon.
--
Sharon Villines
MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction, http://www.macguffin.net

  • Food handling Rob Sandelin, January 20 2000
    • Re: Food handling Sharon Villines, January 20 2000