Re: Flooring the common house
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:36:35 -0700 (MST)
In a message dated 1/20/2000 4:37:50 PM, welcome [at] olympus.net writes:

<< In the KITCHEN, we are concerned to have good resistance to water, and
slipping, and yet be able to mop it smoothly. What have people found with
the kitchen floor choices they made? Is anyone using that rubber flooring
that has slightly raised round bumps on it? With conventional vinyl or
linoleum, is there something more watertight at the edges than
conventional cove molding? Is there flooring that extends up the wall a
bit, like a built-in molding? >>

At Pathways, we wanted to put in an epoxy floor in the kitchen and entrance.
It's poured, so there are no seams, and it is supposed to be quite durable
and have a nice give to it.  However, it's more expensive than linoleum, so
it was one of items to go when we had to reduce the cost of the Common House
(which hasn't been built yet).  Does anyone have anymore information,
experience, etc., on epoxy floors?

    -Roger