Re: Flooring the common house
From: Lee Irwin (leeirwinari.net)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:06:07 -0700 (MST)
I can't tell if you have ruled out Pergo flooring or not.  It looks like
wood, but isn't.  That might be a choice for your front hall -- maybe
more, depending on which factors are most important to your group.
        There is a method of installing vinyl that does run the vinyl up
under cabinets (in a curve) so you don't have that nasty corner trapping
dust, droppings, etc.  I can't remember what it is called.  Not that many
installers know how to do it.  But it does look elegant when done!
        I used a wavy ceramic floor tile, not shiny but dull finish, in my
own front hall.  It tended *not* to be slippery, as I intended.

        Lee
        (Chesapeake Coho in Maryland)