Cove Vinyl Flooring
From: Merlin Porter-Border (
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:37:08 -0700 (MST)
Lee Irwin mentioned a method of installing vinyl with the edges curved to run up
under cabinets [and up walls].

I have heard it called Cove Molding in Vinyl Flooring, and it is most used in 
West.  We had it installed in our kitchen here in Maryland some years ago, but
only because we found an installer who had learned the method in California (You
want to do What!?).  A piece of cove (concave) wood molding is nailed or glued 
the floor-wall or cabinet junction and the vinyl edge is turned up, curving with
the molding.  It usually has a vinyl or metal edging at the top of the run 
the wall).  The trick is the corner work: an inside corner needs only to be cut
properly.  An experience installer does it by eye.  The outside corner requires
an added piece and definitely needs the attention of someone who has experience
(or took Mechanical Drawing II).

Merlin Porter-Borden
Project Manager of Development -- Done!
Liberty Village, Maryland
Californian who went East & got stuck

  • (no other messages in thread)

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.