RE: Cutting boards color-code
From: Ruddick, T.R. (RUDDICKedison.cc.oh.us)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:19:38 -0700 (MST)
I've been following this food & health discussion avidly out of personal
interest.  One thing I'd like explained:

Assuming proper sanitizing and washing procedures, is there any scientific
basis for thinking that using dedicated cutting boards (one only for meat,
one for dairy only, one for fruits, one for veggies) actually does something
for health, sanitation, food purity, or whatever?

If there is such scientific evidence, how do you keep your knives separate
for each purpose?

(Is all of this directly descended from Jewish kitchen practice?  Milchig
and flayshig, etc.?)

"TR"    Thomas E. Ruddick, associate prof.
              Edison Community College, Piqua OH 45356
                Nunquam Itum Agitabilum!