RE: examples of 7 major group success factors
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousemail.msn.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:37:42 -0700 (MST)
To rewrite these to functions might look something like:

1. We deal with issues and problems directly, by creating explicit processes
and expectations to do so. Our  group ethic is that we are here to grow our
skills at cooperation, and to learn how to be real with each other.
2. When the group makes an agreement, specific people are assigned and
criteria is defined of what is expected to be accomplished by when, and this
is followed up if the task goes unaccomplished. We keep track of these
things from meeting to meeting.
3. Our ground rules are cooperatively developed and explicitly agreed to,
and posted at the meeting place so they are remembered. For example, in a
colorful poster.
4. the facilitator and others intervene to reinforce the ground rules and to
help us all work towards encouraging helpful behavior and identifying
challenging behavior that we can work on.
5. Every act of community good will and volunteerism is appreciated. Saying
thank you publically and privately and appreciating each other is the way we
choose to live.
6. We do the homework, check outcome probabilities, fairly weigh pros and
cons, and careful examine our assumptions when we make important decisions.
We look at all sides carefully and delibrately, and use clearly defined
methods to reach decisions that we all support.
7. Review and evaluation of our group processes and operations happens
regularily and is part of our ethic of always improving our organization.

Rob Sandelin
Northwest Intentional Communities Association