Affordability and Cohousing Statistics
From: Michael Arnott (mikearnottjuno.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:36:15 -0700 (MST)
I have searched the Cohousing WEB site for aggregate statistics (how many
built, under construction, own land, number and type of units, affordable
below market units, etc.) on cohousing communities in the United States
without luck.

I have been to the www.cohousing.org/groups-us page and will do my own
counting and categorizing, but I thought there would be a page where that
had already been done.  If reporting communities are not asked how many
below market "affordable housing" units they have planned or built, I
would like to suggest that that question be added.  It would help in
convincing potential affordable housing funders and partners that
cohousing already is a realistic participant in the affordable housing
community.

Can someone post the URL to any aggregate information?  It would be very
useful in our search for funding to make our 6 affordable units
affordable to the 28 market rate households.

Michael Arnott
Cornerstone Cohousing
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!