FW: Design without cohousing expertise
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:47:12 -0700 (MST)
> One option is to hire a consultant to look over your plans before the final
> drawings are done. If this architect has a masters in cohousing and you have
> an active group of researchers looking into issues (on this list and
> elsewhere) an "expert" won't be able to offer more than you already know.

This comment was not meant to preclude the hiring of a developer--you
definitely should have a developer with multi-unit housing experience. AND
the developer and the architect should actually speak to one another. At
Takoma Village, the developer hired the architect and they had an
established working relationship. And proven record for getting things

I'm told that some architects know about costs of actual construction. I've
never met one. The issue may be less do you need a "cohousing" expert than a
"multi-unit development" expert.

Sharon Villines
MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction, http://www.macguffin.net
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington, DC

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.