Re: Master's in Cohousing
From: maruja torres (
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:00:19 -0700 (MST)
To those still puzzled by the cohousing degree:

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a Master's on cohousing. Having
a Master's on cohousing is something that maybe Katie and Chuck and a few
others could actually claim having. It is like a mother (or father) of five
claiming she (he) has a degree in parenting. That is, you eventually
accumulate so much knowledge out of study and practice that you could
easily earn your honoris causa.

For the rest of us mortals, the requirement is to go to college and
complete a program in architecture or urban planning in which your focus
-as Chris says- is housing or communities or neighborhoods.  The subject of
your research, or your case study, or your thesis project, can then be
cohousing. But mind you, I humbly admit that doing this makes me no expert...

At 05:49 AM 2/4/00 -0600, Ann Zabaldo wrote:
>You know, I'm curious about this too.  Does it mean the person wrote his
>thesis on cohousing?  If there's a college or university offering graduate
>study specifically in cohousing I sure would like to know where it is.
>Ann Z.
>> Hello, all,
>> I'm just curious, What exactly is a master's in cohousing? Does it just
>> you have gone through the cohousing process? Is it something you can put
>> a resume, or just part of our quirky, esoteric cohospeak?
>> --
>> Marya Tipton
>> Hundredfold Farm
>> Orrtanna, PA
>> A Place to Grow!
>> Visit our website at

Maruja Torres, PhD candidate
<mtorres [at]>

University of Florida College of Architecture
Department of Interior Design
340 ARCH PO Box 115705
Gainesville FL 32611-5705

Phone (352) 392-0252 ext. 333
Fax (352) 392-7266

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.