Re: The End of an Era
From: Marya S. Tipton (sundoggburgtimes.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 20:27:43 -0700 (MST)
 Dear Gary,

>> I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
>>
>> Maybe you don't want to talk about it, but I am very interested in knowing
>> what happened.
>>
>> We at Hundredfold are "almost there." We have contract on an 80-acre farm
>> and, pending approvals, are due to begin construction in July. However, if
>> we don't get approvals, I'm afraid most of the group will "move on."
>>
>> Is there anything you can tell us to help us avoid disaster?
>>
>> Thanks for sharing,

Not a single thing. A host of them.
Primarily,
Bad advice from professionals.
Slow Architect
Over-design
Loosing Households
Bad luck
If there's one thing you can do. Don't trust your professionals all the
time.
Get a second bid/opinion.
Location is a biggie.

Make sure you're not over-designing, your contractor stick to their
estimates
and set a date for move-in. For starters.
Gary