"Shell Game"
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:11:30 -0700 (MST)
on 2/15/2000 7:22 AM, Rob Sandelin at floriferous [at] email.msn.com wrote:

> perhaps there are ways to make such a shell game more affordable.

Rob, and all...

I have to agree with Rob.  It should make sense, the game of building a
shell and allowing the new owners to choose the components and finishes for
the interior.  But it only seems to really make sense when the sales price,
and mark-up are extremely high.

Since customizing is so desirable for most cohousing group members, I do
think this bears looking into further, to see if the "shell game" can be
played in a more affordable arena.

Anyone who has other ideas or contributions to the development of this idea
should let me know.  I will post results to this list.

Chris ScottHanson

Cohousing Resources, LLC
Ecovillage, Cohousing & Sustainable Communities
Development and Consulting

email:          Chris [at] CohousingResources.com
web site:      http://www.CohousingResources.com

9813 NE Murden Cove Dr.
Bainbridge Island, WA  98110

(206)842-9160
(206)842-9203 FAX
(206)369-7755 Cell

Author of:

The Cohousing Handbook,
MAKING A PLACE FOR COMMUNITY

©1996 Hartley & Marks Publishers, Vancouver BC
Check our website for ordering information at
http://www.cohousingresources.com/Handbook.htm

"A must read for anyone ready to move beyond talk."