RE: Values
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:00:47 -0700 (MST)
One thing that is helpful to clarify values is to take vague statements like
community, living lightly on the land, enhanced personal relationships, and
define them as a set of actions. Brainstorm up all the things you actually
would do to support that value. Then see how many of those actions the whole
group will sign up to commit to doing. The list may be large, and only a
subset of the list will get everyones support, others may get most peoples
support, others will only get a little support. This is useful to help you
recognize the differences at play and to accept them as what they are,
differences.

Rob Sandelin
Community Works! Group process and community building  workshops for social
change non-profit groups
Sharingwood Cohousing