Emergency Help Needed!!!
From: Jose Marquez (marchpowerworldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:41:52 -0600 (MDT)
Hello All Fellow Cohousers,

I just got an alarming email from our Duwamish Cohousing Member & Project
Manager (Kara) about Fanny Mae Problems.  Up until two weeks ago everything
was going hunky-dory and they sent us the last list of small changes to our
literature which they said they needed to give us approval.  Fanny Mae
Approval is very important if we want lenders to lend us the money we need
for our mortgages.  Anyway, the guy just called Kara back and basically said
this:

"....now the fellow is calling the whole concept into
question--concern that it is just a fad, etc.  Suggesting we not call it
cohousing, etc."

So....we really, really need help fast on the following topics:

"So, could you help me find 1) positive national articles about cohousing
(recent are best), 2) lists of completed or under construction cohousing
communities, and/or 3) ask other communities you know of what their FNMA
approval number was (and hopefully, they had "cohousing" in their names."

PLEASE PLEASE see if you can give us any help!  I will be sending internet
site info I have for the "fellow" at Fanny Mae to look at to help them
reconsider their perspective that it is only a fad.  But, WE REALLY NEED TO
HEAR FROM SUCCESSFUL COHOUSING COMMUNITIES THAT GOT FANNY MAE APPROVAL WITH
COHOUSING IN THEIR NAMES!!!

Thanks!
March

March (Mama to Roman)