Green power (geothermal link?)
From: Unnat (zeniinet.net.au)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:09:51 -0600 (MDT)
Hope this is useful.
My partner initiated the transfer of Pinakarri Community householders over
to Naturalpower - we get to pay a premium   ):0!   to ensure that our share
of electricity off the grid is generated solely from sustainable sources.

>From the Union of Concerned Scientists:

During the past few years, there has been a surge of interest in many states
in using new renewable energy sources -- wind, solar, geothermal, and
biomass power. Over one-third of the states have made commitments that will
increase the use of these cleaner energy sources in the United States by an
estimated 6,200 megawatts (MW) -- 40 percent over 1997 levels. This exciting
new development will provide enough clean power to meet the entire
electricity needs of 4 million homes and reduce as much carbon dioxide --
the main greenhouse gas implicated in global warming -- as taking 3.4
million cars off the road...

http://www.ucsusa.org/energy/surge.html

Reards
Robyn Williams