Age Diversity in Groups
From: Jasmine Gold (juturnaix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:28:42 -0600 (MDT)
We've visited several groups in the past six months that are either in
the building or feasability stage. I've noticed that the groups tend to
consist of mostly older people (middle-aged and retired with grown
children) or mostly younger people (30's and 40's with lots of
children). These are groups that have approximately 1/2 to 2/3 of their
planned households (around 10-20 households in the groups).

I'm interested in hearing whether other groups have or have had this
problem? What was done or is being done to overcome it? This is very
important to me right now because we are thinking about moving. The
group we are most interested in has practically no families with
children and I want to be part of a group with lots of children. We have
a four year old only child.

Thanks,
Jasmine Gold, currently most active in Peninsula Region Cohousing