Getting It Built workshop
From: Jeff Gold (jgoldnetrover.com)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 17:09:27 -0600 (MDT)
--=====================_830669==_.ALT

CoHousing Ontario presents
"Getting It Built"
A cohousing workshop facilitated by Kathryn McCamant,
architect, principal of The Cohousing Company, Berkeley, California and=20
co-author of
CoHousing: A Contemporary Approach to Housing Ourselves
June 3-4, 2000 at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE)
252 Bloor Street West, Toronto.  Assisting will be Chris ScottHanson,=20
author of =93The CoHousing Handbook=94.

This intensive 13-hour weekend workshop has propelled dozens of CoHousing=20
groups towards the succcessful completion of their communities.  It gives=20
participants an overview of organizing , planning,  and designing a=20
CoHousing community with specific attention to key issues for developing a=
=20
successful community.  The workshop focuses on the nuts-and-bolts issues of=
=20
making your dream a reality and learning from the experience of more than=20
50 communities completed or under construction.
The following topics will be covered:
The CoHousing Process
=B7       An overview of the process from initial meeting to moving in
=B7       Forming an organizing group, working together, and issues to=20
address early in the process
The Technical Issues
=B7       Financing options. ownership structures and financial realities=20
(What will it cost?  What can I
afford?)
=B7       Designing for community: design issues
Working Together
=B7       How does the group organize to make decisions effectively?
=B7       Getting along - the dynamics of group interaction
What Next?
=B7       Am I ready?  What do I do now?  With whom?
=B7       The next steps: your role, the group's role, services offered by=
=20
cohousing professionals
=B7       What are other CoHousing organizing groups doing?

Each participant will receive a workshop handbook including financial=20
worksheets.  We recommend that you read the book CoHousing: A Contemporary=
=20
Approach to Housing Ourselves by Kathryn McCamant and Charles Durrett=20
(1994, Ten Speed Press) in preparation for the workshop.
Registration fee includes a pre-workshop presentation and slide show on=20
Friday evening, June 2, 2000, 8 pm, at Sidney Smith Hall, 100 St. George=
 Street
Fee:    $325 (CAN)
         $10 (CAN) for pre-workshop slide show only
Register early - Space for 35 participants only!
For more information contact Cohousing Ontario
phone:  (416) 738-0850  fax:  (905) 857-6374
e-mail:  dmazeau [at] dcsnet.com

Register by phone, fax or email.  Registration confirmed upon receipt of=20
this form with payment.
Make cheques payable to Cohousing Ontario and send to:  CoHousing Ontario,=
=20
186 Ridgewood Crescent, Bolton, Ontario, L7E 4V6