Grants for photovolteics?
From: Sanda Everette (severettesmcoe.k12.ca.us)
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 00:15:12 -0600 (MDT)
We had an exciting meeting last week with Frank Schiavo, an
environmental studies professor and solar house designer.  Since we have
to put a new roof on this building anyway, we wanted to change it.  He
and his architect partner will be working with us to convince the city
to let us change the roof line so that we can add solar hot water,
passive solar heating and cooling, some rainwater collection, etc.  He
also knows of a good alternative to the current asphalt and shingle
which we will be able to do ourselves.  Actually we expect to do most of
the work ourselves.  We would love to add photovolteics as well but that
is way out of our price range.  Do you know of any possible grants for
such experimental projects as ours?   (We also hope to do a rainwater
collection system.)

Oh, we are still waiting to buy the second building for our retrofit
community...hopefully this summer.  Some enthusiastic young adults have
recently joined us and there has been lots of progress in the garden.
--
Sanda and Brian Everette
San Mateo Cooperative Community