Kids at business meetings
From: DCS (cdmemployees.org)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 20:01:45 -0600 (MDT)
        I can imagine the kinds of thoughts people might be having about what a
great learning experience this might be for the kids to see consensus
and nonviolent conflict resolution in practice.
        What I can't imagine is that the kids (of any minor age) will actually
benefit from attending meetings. Having a special meeting here and there
where you have something organized for the kids (like a brief, brief
discussion of what they'd like to see in their playroom in the CH) is a
way to include them.
        Do the people who want the kids to attend the meetings actually *have*
kids?
        I was impressed with the bonding our kids did with each other when they
got to spend two hours of play time every week. It made it easier for
them when move-in time actually came to have been used to playing with
each other for a few years already.

Christine Della Maggiora
Eno Commons
Durham NC