Re: Affiliate/associate members
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 20:01:49 -0600 (MDT)
In a message dated 5/9/2000 4:27:40 PM, fholson [at] cohousing.org writes:

<< Anyway, we are interested in learning of any experiences other groups,
especially urban groups, have had with affiliate or associate members. Do
you have them? Do you charge them fees? Do they have free access to your
facilities? Are they completely self selected?

Thanks in advance for responding,
Dana Fleischhacker
Takoma Village Cohousing >>

Hey, we at Pathways are interested, too.  The contractor who found the land
for us is building three houses off the same road he is building for us.  The
houses will be close enough to easily walk up the road to Pathways (maybe
100-200 yards), and are being built by folks who were on our waiting list.
We are trying to figure out just what level and kinds of participation are
realistic.

BTW, our lawyer advised us not call them "members", even associate members,
as that would infer some kind of legal say in Pathways business.  Whatever.
So, we are brainstorming for another handle to refer to them by.  Any ideas?

Roger
Pathways Cohousing
Northampton, MA

17 households in, 7 to go!