Dishwashers, yet again...
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 22:58:57 -0600 (MDT)
Hi folks.

We at Pathways need specific information re: commercial dishwashers.  I've
read the archives and past posts and got a lot of general information.
However, I haven't seen any information about specific brands (except
Hobart).  We are on the verge of buying one and would love to hear about your
experiences with whatever brand you have.  We had picked out an ADS model,
but later found out that all ADS models use a bleach sanitizing rinse.
Bleach is an environmental bummer, so we're looking for a diferent brand.

Specifically:
1) How much was it?  Used or new?  How much to install?
2) Did it require a booster to get the water temp up to sanitizng levels?
Built in or does it require additional space and a separate outlet/connection?
3) If low temp, which requires a chemical sanitizer, what chemical does it
use to sanitize?
4) Noise.  Most of the posts say they're noisy, but still not a problem.
5) Service-  Has yours broken down?  How long have you had it?  How hard was
it to get it repaired and was it expensive?  What kind of service contract,
if any, do you have?
6) How far do you have to bend over to load and unload it?  Would raising it
1/2 to 1 foot help?
7) Are they expensive to run?  My research shows dishwashers use anywhere
from 0.8 gallons per load (Jet Tech model F-18) to 2.6 gallons (Hobart
LX-18).  Most use from 1.1 to 1.8 galons.

8) Overall, are you happy with it?  Is it a welcome addition to your modern
lifestyle or a pain in the toochas?

Anything else you can think of would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

    Roger Berman
    kitchen committee
    Pathways Cohousing