Types of membership
From: Mary Ellen Wessels (mewmewsic.com)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 07:15:26 -0600 (MDT)
I've been lurking - Hi.  I'm a potential member of what was
"ChiCoCo" now "Northern Vermont CoHousing" and my husband
and I will start our own community in MA if we don't end up joining
them.  RE: Associate members etc - It's a different beast in many
ways but my husband's family have long had a summer camp on
Lake Champlain on "Cedar Beach".  The land is owned by the
"Cedar Beach Association" so in that respect it is sort of like a
condo association I guess.  But the people have mostly known
each other for years so in that respect it is a *little* more like co-
housing (just a little!) but they have "social memberships".  Social
members can do things like use the tennis courts and dock, and
can certainly attend meetings but I don't think they get a vote so
there must be ways to do things like this.  (I'll forward this to my
husband and he can clarify if he wishes).  I look forward to reading
of this.

On a related subject - Do any of your groups have some way that
someone can have a "seasonal" membership??  I have a good
friend who lives in San Fransico who would seriously consider living
in a co-housing group with us part of the year if that were an option.
 He can afford it, but I wonder how this might work?

Mary Ellen (aka - mew)
MaryEllen Wessels
mew [at] mewsic.com   http://www.mewsic.com
131 DW Hwy PMB #609