Old Oakland CoHo on the news tonight
From: Raines Cohen (coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 15:34:29 -0600 (MDT)
We just had major TV camera presence at our project's "Grand Opening"
today here at Swan's Market, with Oakland's Mayor Jerry Brown saying "We
should have more CoHousing in downtown Oakland" and praising Coho's
contribution to the overall mixed-use "smart growth", elegant density,
historic-preservation project.

So if people can cue up their VCR's for national newscasts this evening,
you just might catch something featuring a Cohousing banner in the
background, plus footage of our community! We don't have cable here yet,
so anything anyone can record would be appreciated. There may be some
coverage in papers tomorrow (even beyond the Bay Area)

Raines
a proud member of the 50th built cohousing community in North America
(depending on how you count 'em)

Raines Cohen <coho-L [at] raines.com> <http://www.swansway.com/>
Finally living in community -- worth the wait!

  Member, Old Oakland [CA] Cohousing at Swan's Market
Where 19 of 20 households have moved in.

  Member, East Bay Cohousing [no site yet] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Which has just about everything except the site figured out.