Cornerstone Village, Cambridge, Massachusetts
From: Michael Arnott (mikearnottjuno.com)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:03:53 -0600 (MDT)
Construction Is Starting . . .  Just A Few Townhouses Left

Excerpts From the May 2000 issue of  VILLAGE HAPPENINGS
A Newsletter of Cornerstone Village Cohousing

CORNERSTONE BEGINS SITE PREPARATION!
Excitement is mounting as we begin readying the Harvey Street site for
the
start of construction. The buildings have been emptied, and soon the
wrecking
ball will arrive to remove the structures on the site, and prepare to put
our
community in place. . .

DESIGNS COMPLETED
Bravo also to our architects, Nick Elton and Judie Bowen, who completed
the
designs for our project.  We especially appreciate their attention to the

details that will mean a lot to us once we have moved in - like the
atrium
sky-light in the common house, and the handicap accessible common
facilities.
 We also recognize the many hours (and sleepless nights) they devoted to
making sure our units will be all that we want. . . .

Kids? Space

Children are a treasured part of our community, and they all show
wonderful
creativity.  Some of our kids have grown up going to Cornerstone
meetings,
and most are adept at entertaining themselves (usually quietly!) while
the
adults meet, report, discuss, debate, and try to laugh occasionally. . .

Visit our WEB site If you or a friend might be interested in Cornerstone:
http://www.cornerstonecohousing.org/