RE: question from a grad student
From: Mark Richardson (shanirichardsonhotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 00:48:46 -0600 (MDT)
About banking,,

The concept of forming a bank is not really that bad, my agency did the same
about 10 years ago for rural housing developments, when both federal and
private funds would not pay for the projects due to "strange issues" they
didn't know how to deal with.  You might check with our financial services
division to find out more, currently we only with work in small towns, of
less than 10,000 people, and they have to be a non-profit, Indian tribe, or
public entity, we are very active in the western 12 states, Hawaii to
Alaska, Washington to New Mexico, you can find us at www.rcac.org    We are
a non-profit group.