Re: Chlorine bleach rinse
From: Cara Hart (chartefurn.com)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:03:15 -0600 (MDT)
At 15:15 05/17/2000 , RowenaHC [at] cs.com wrote:
>Hot water, soap, and air drying are the best way to avoid infection.   It is
>FAR more important to ban all sponges and other harborers of germs, and to
>make sure that individuals wash their hands (taking 10 seconds to soap up
>before rinsing) before touching any food items, than  to mess around with
>chlorine dips, which don't work unless you leave stuff to soak for about 10
>seconds in any case!

It's my understanding that if the water is not so hot that you can't put
your hands in there to wash the dishes, it's also not hot enough to kill
any bacteria.  Don't you have to put some sort of disinfectant in
there?  Or do commercial dishwashers use water hotter than the boiling point?

         -- Cara

Cara Hart                                    Are you in Colorado?
chart [at] efurn.com                              Ask me about our local
Systems Administrator                        Women In Technology group.
ARITEK Systems, Inc. and eFurn.com, LLC.