Re: question from a grad student
From: Jeff Hobson (jhobsonigc.org)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 18:36:53 -0600 (MDT)
Liz -

Would you compile the responses you get and send them to the list? Or maybe
you could post a link to the eventual paper you write?

I'm with a cohousing group in the San Francisco Bay Area that is interested
in incorporating affordable housing into our project. We are currently at
the site search stage and are unsure as to whether and how we will do this.
We've gotten lots of advice from this list, the Cohousing Network (see
David Mandel's page there), and from the Cohousing Company.

I know there are many in the cohousing movement who are interested in
affordable housing but who may be daunted (or defeated) by the prospect of
combining two difficult-to-develop types of housing.

*      Jeff Hobson & Kim Seashore    *        jhobson [at] igc.org        *
* 2139 Prince St * Berkeley CA 94705 * 510-845-0481 ph 845-2839 fax  *
* East Bay Cohousing - www.ebcoho.org - ebcoho [at] ebcoho.org            *
* where we're actively searching for a site                          *