Phasing in buyers?
From: Cascadia Commons Cohousing (cccohoteleport.com)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 19:12:39 -0600 (MDT)
Hello from Cascadia Commons in Portland Oregon which is under construction,
first units ready in July!

Regarding membership: The way our project is phased, while the second/final
phase is being built, we're going to be a group of community members (all of
whom live or will live in the finished project), most of whom are HOA
members (who control the HOA) and many of whom are LLC members (in charge of
development).  Has anyone else has had such complexity of overlapping
authority / multiple hats?

During the coming six months, most business-y decisions will be made by
either the LLC or the HOA.  Because our developing LLC will show a financial
loss, it really isn't feasible that newbies will join the LLC.  Do you have
any recommendations how (and whether) to include in decision-making those
community members who aren't part of the LLC nor yet part of the HOA?  I.e.
folks who are newcomers with a small financial investment who intend to buy
a unit in the second/final phase.  I wonder if they'll be "can-do" folks who
get frustrated because they're not yet full active partners.

Jennifer Gates of Cascadia
gates_jennifer [at] hotmail.com