Re: Cohousing on Talk of the Nation
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 17:44:25 -0600 (MDT)
On Mon, 22 May 2000, Maggi Rohde maggi [at] intranet.org wrote:

> I was listening to NPR this afternoon, and was pleased to hear cohousing
> mentioned on Talk of the Nation!  The show was about single moms and
> someone (I didn't catch the name, but she was from California) came on to
> talk about the advantages of single mothers living in cohousing.  Good
> job!

I heard it also.  (NPR is National Public Radio). It was ' "Fran" from a
12 unit community in a factory building in the San Francisco Bay area'.
I presume she is a member of Doyle Street CoHousing in Emeryville.  She
was able to give a good description of cohousing the convenience of common
meals etc.  Very good exposure.

Fred

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm