Re: Environmenal Frustration
From: kchung (kchungnomad.tor.lets.net)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 22:08:11 -0600 (MDT)
It takes a lot of work to even approximately do it right.

We need to repair the rotting deck at our new-to-us old house.  We have
contacted building supply companies, forest certification organizations
and Greenpeace....  But still we cannot find cedar which is guaranteed to
not be the product of clear-cutting of old-growth forests in British
Columbia.

No eastern cedar, even for boards.
We don't want to use chemically treated wood.
The artificial products have a dubious environmental footprint.

Any suggestions?  Does anyone know how to source environmentally friendly
deck wood?

Kate Chung
Toronto, Ontario