Re: inputs & outputs of cohousing life
From: Hans Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:23:40 -0600 (MDT)
I understand that it takes a lot to get a cohousing community going. Yet,
I'm keen to understand what's so draining about community life once the
community is built. I can imagine unrealistic expectations, but isn't the
point of cohousing to enable a pleasant neighbourhood? I want to have chat
whilst I pick up my mail. I'd like to know my neighbours, share a meal when
it's XYZ turn, who cooks a nice meal. I'll share a lawnmower, tv antenna and
perhaps baby sitting arrangements. I don't mind sharing a roof if that makes
the place more affordable.

However, I don't to come home to a committee or political party.

These are images I get from my study of cohousing to date. For those people
who are well beyond the planning stages, how do what you put in compare to
what you get out of cohousing? What makes it worthwhile and what makes it
less than imagined?

:-) Hans
www.vicnet.net.au/~cohouse where one group has their eyes on land!