Looking for childcare
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:37:14 -0600 (MDT)
Hi all -

Several of us at Eno Commons are looking at options for childcare and we
wondered if there is anyone (or anyones) out there in coho-land who would be
willing to try being an au pair or nanny or other form of childcare provider
here?

My initial idea was that there might be a late teens/early twenties person who
has lived in cohousing and is familiar with how independent and interconnected
our kids can be.  I think we could provide bed (in a non-kid house, if that's
the preference) and board and access to transportation (if that's needed) in
exchange for around 30 hours a week of childcare.  As an incentive, there's
lots to do here when you're not working.  This area has lots of good schools -
like Duke, NC Central, Durham Technical Community College, UNC-Chapel Hill; a
good arts and music scene; and lots of opportunities to spend time outdoors in
natural settings.

Pitch made.  Now my other question - do any groups have a daycare operating in
their community?  If yes, how it is managed?

Thanks - hope you have a good weekend.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eno Commons
Durham, NC
Where we have about 16 kids 10-and-under who are trying to figure out what a
commons house is for (as are we all).  We just opened the commons house, with a
big party, last weekend.  We've had our first meal and lots of meetings (yes,
already), and we're trying to get organized to keep the place clean!