Bears
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 11:01:08 -0600 (MDT)
I forwarded the bear question to the Takoma Village chat list as a
reassurance that the things we have to deal with at least do not include
bears. Surprisingly, I received an answer. Since bears can be either
carnivorous or omnivorous, it probably depends on what kind of bears you
have --

>> We need a way to have compost on site without encouraging the local
>> bears to dine on it.
>
> I believe that avoiding any kind of meat, animal fat, and the like in
> the compost is generally sufficient to avoid attracting bears.  At
> least I think that is what my aunt does who composts in northern
> Wisconsin (in an area where there are a lot of bears).

Sharon Villines, Editor
The MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction
http://www.macguffin.net
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington, DC
http://www.takomavillage.org

  • Bears Berrins, June 1 2000
    • Bears Sharon Villines, June 3 2000