Elections
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:26:12 -0600 (MDT)
I've got a question that I thought someone out there might possibly have
some experience with.  Here at Heartwood, we're in the process of
reorganizing our team structure now that we're actually living in
community (YES!!).  We will have teams responsible for all of the
various community functions (common house, finance, process &
communication, land stewardship, party, etc.) and also a 3 person
Planning & Oversight team with overall responsibility.  The P & O team
will also be the HOA Board of Directors as required by our covenants.

We envision having all of the teams be voluntary, except for the P & O
team, which will be elected (again, consistent with our covenants).  So,
my question is how do we elect team members using the consensus
process?  Have you ever seen it done?  How do we avoid the 'defeated
minority' problem that consensus precludes?

Any help you can give on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mac
--
           Mac & Sandy Thomson           Heartwood Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

"Security is mostly superstition.  It does not exist in Nature.  Nor do
the children of men as a whole experience it.  Avoiding danger is no
safer in the long run than outright exposure.  Life is either a daring
adventure or nothing."

               - Helen Keller