Elections
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:29:36 -0600 (MDT)
When we needed to come up with a 5 person Steering Committee, and wanted
not-just-anybody, but some balance and reliability, we agreed on a
several-person Nominating Committee, as a sort of Task Force. They
circulated two questions to the membership: Who would you like to see on
the Steering Committee? and If asked, would you be willing to serve?

>From the results, they noted, in committee,  who was willing to serve,
then noted which of those had popular support. As a result, they proposed
a slate, which was easily accepted by the membership, by consensus. Maybe
we just lucked out, but it worked out nicely.

Lynn at RoseWind
Port Townsend WA