Re: Elections
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 06:35:55 -0600 (MDT)
> Mac was asking about board elections in the context of a consensus-oriented
> coho group.

In thinking this over, I must say I can't remember ever seeing a contested
election for anything other than a paid position or an honorary one that
involves no work. This may be an instance of anticipating problems where
there will be none.

A nominating committee that can facilitate (rather than control) the process
is probably the best option -- and they will have to plead with people to
allow themselves to be nominated. One of their functions is to explain the
job to those who are inappropriately nominated and may have unrealistic
expectations.

Sharon Villines, Editor
The MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction
http://www.macguffin.net
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington, DC
http://www.takomavillage.org