Re: COHOUSING-L digest 430
From: Don Bunn (dbunniiriverrock.org)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:00:29 -0600 (MDT)
Hi Sharon,

I was involved with the selection of some of the equipment we use at our
common house and I also have owned a restaurant so I am a little biased but
we purchased a Robo Coupe food processor (Cost - $800), commercial rice
cookers (At an auction - Cost - Approx. $90), and someone donated a
KitchenAid Mixer.  I think most community members at River Rock Commons have
seen the value of the Robo Coupe (If they have used it) and we  have
definitely used the rice cooker alot.  There is a store called Cresco in
Denver but they have stores all over the US, where we purchased the Robo
Coupe new.  It is worth every dime because we will not need to replace the
food processor for many years whereas I have heard of communities who
brought the largest and most expensive Cuisinart only to have to repair or
replace it in less that 2 years.  The Robo Coupe is a commercial food
processor that you might be able to find at a restaurant auction however,
make sure that it is in relatively good condition because a restaurant will
use it alot.  Commercial rice cookers are always going to be available at
oriental restaurant auctions for a good price.  If you are going to be
baking alot of bread then you might consider a small (20 quart) Hobart mixer
but they are very sought after and cost as much as $1500 to $2500.  Hope
that answers your questions.  Feel free to e-mail me direct if you need
anymore information.

Don Bunn II
Sustainable Homescapes
PO Box 830