Re: Responding to the List
From: Stuart Staniford (stuartsilicondefense.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:48:23 -0600 (MDT)

Sharon Villines wrote:

> Originally all replies went to the list, then people complained that there
> were too many off-topic or personal comments. So the replies then only went
> to the poster unless you hit "Reply All" then the replies went to both the
> poster and the list. (The poster had a very full mailbox with duplicates of
> all messages.)
>
> Now it seems that the only way to reply to the list is to send the message
> to the list, entering a new address,
>
> Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at] freedom.mtn.org>

It's a little quicker to hit Reply-all, and then edit out the personal
address by hand to avoid the original poster getting two copies of the
reply.

I'm also on many mailing lists for work were it's standard to hit reply-all
and just expect the poster to delete the extra copy.  I get many duplicate
messages a day, but it doesn't take a moment to delete the extras.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Staniford  ---  President  ---  Silicon Defense
                   stuart [at] silicondefense.com