Re: Kitchens, Etc.
From: RowenaHC (RowenaHCcs.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:06:22 -0600 (MDT)
At CambridgeCoho we bought very little in the way of equiment.  Donated items
included a couple of Cuisinarts - the small one gets used more than the large
one.  We have a couple of Asian families who provide rice cookers when we
need a lot of rice - just average cheapo ones seem to work just fine.
People donated their large casseroles and soup pots, salad spinners,
colanders and everything else you can think of!   We are a large group and
have fed as many as 68 (although 35-45) is more common without buying a lot
of expensive equipment.   I suggest you take what gets donated and buy a few
good large baking/cooking pots and pans and see how it works out.   The most
used items are large stainless steel baking pans about 12 by 18 and  3-4
inches deep.