Incorporation questions
From: Jeff Kaufman (aistamy-Deja.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 19:36:20 -0600 (MDT)
Good evening,

I'm working with a group trying to start up cohousing in Austin, Texas, and I
was looking at incorporation issues.  My understanding is that most cohousing
groups in the United States have incorporated either as condominiums or PUDs.
Are there any advantages to either?

We are still somewhat in the embryonic phase with construction over two years
down the road.  We are, however, at the point where we'll be collecting and
spending money for studies, designs, etc.  Should we incorporate as an
Association in the meantime to deal with financial issues, or should we look
into incorporating as a condo/PUD immediately?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Kaufman
Central Austin CoHousing
Austin, Texas

Before you buy.