Re: using email and forums for discussion between meetings
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (lilbertearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 23:36:57 -0600 (MDT)
Hi, again, everyone!

As useful as a list like this can be, I still feel strongly that most issues
require face to face meetings. It is very easy to misinterpret people's
meaning in writing. Also, you mentioned differing comfort levels. That makes
the playing field inherently unequal. Email and online discussion can be
used to find out the general direction you need to go, but I wouldn't rely
on it for actual problem solving. Every time we have done something like
that it has blown up in our face. I realize it's easy for me to say, since
we already live in close proximity, but in my experience it hasn't worked
well for anything but simple stuff.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing