Re: using email and forums for discussion between meetings
From: Hans Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 06:16:19 -0600 (MDT)
On using email:

You writers out there give me a strong sense I'm not alone. I perceive the
network as  empowering & often enlightening. How else could I have found
like-minded people in a city of millions? Where else but websites do I
 "park" the thousands of ideas that make up for a cohousing development?

Besides, I really don't want to "live in a committee". When I do attend a
meeting, I am more likely to get to a consensus as the participants are more
likely to be informed and prepared. I want to minimise the time spent every
meeting going over old ground, stepping back to basic questions that were
covered months ago.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel as we're not the first group to
grapple with decision points of cohousing!

The Internet offers unprecedented access to communication for activists. As
I train adults in internet usage, I actually find most resistence to
computers overstated.

Hans