Re: age & the use of email
From: Hans Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:29:06 -0600 (MDT)
As I work with a lot of groups in the demographic of women over 40 (who are
least likely to take up the internet), I found their actual beliefs about
the internet not all that sedimented.

Yes, it's frustrating to be upstaged by a younger person who says "oh, it's
really easy, you just do click, click, click" without giving people the
chance to discover for themselves how this technology works.

I have also had to cross a threshold or two with the help of someone more
knowledgeable.

I've found a new interest and liking for writing. More importantly, I honour
the six year old in me who likes to explore and find out what happens when I
click on something! I really doubt the curious child's superior
technological mindset. This is playful stuff about using the process of
elimination and learning about menus. My mobile phone, the microwave, the
restaurant I go to, the computer's Windows Explorer program, they all use
the same decision tree idea.

;-) Hans