Re: email "appliances"
From: Michael Swettenam (miketswebtv.net)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:28:15 -0600 (MDT)
My wife and I use a WebTV.  All it takes is a phone jack and a TV.  Our
TV is the monitor -- it's great -- I can sit on the couch 15 feet away
and write and read my email!

This thing is easy to use -- my mom and dad have one and can actually
operate it.  It is not a computer -- no hard drive and it can not
download -- but a printer can be purchase and hooked up.

It cost around $100 for the unit and $75 for a wireless keyboard.  We
can have up to 6 email accounts and have internet access!  Monthly
charge is $19.95.  Check out their website http://webtv.net

Mike Swettenam
mikets [at] webtv.net
Oak Creek Commons Cohousing