Re: Cohousing Games?!
From: lilbert (lilbertearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:33:05 -0600 (MDT)

I got the impression that what was meant was more along the lines of social
activities not involving meetings. Of course, every time three or more
cohousers end up talking, it turns into a meeting anyway.

We have game night, where people come to the CH and bring a game they like,
or cards or something. This has included scrabble, bridge, poker, and
various parlor games. We have also had group nights at local events, this
weekend being the baseball night at our local minor league club. We've had
men's' and women's' nights out at the local pub or bowling alley. Someone
was just telling me how her friend said that what they do in their
neighborhood is have a pink flamingo that people put on their lawns when
they want to host a  party at their house. It's strictly BYOB, and you just
show up on that person's lawn and chat. That sounds really workable for
cohousing.

There's more, but I'm off to work.
--
Liz Stevenson