psychosocial benefits of cohousing (hypothetical)
From: Hans Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 07:29:14 -0600 (MDT)
I find myself searching for powerfully worded reasons why cohousing could be
of benefit to the people joining it. Here's one. Erik Erikson thought deeply
about developmental stages in a person's life. He contrasted "generativity
vs. stagnation".  Hallmarks of stagnation are self-indulgence and possible
social and psychological impoverishment. Generativity is translated into
care and concern for next generation as well as a widening interest in work
and ideas.

I note the generative depth & variety of discussions in this cyber
community, as we cover relationships, project planning, consensus building,
language, favourite books. I like it!

If anyone wants my Erikson PowerPoint series, send me an email directly.

cheers,
Hans