Re: Fun and games
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:59:54 -0600 (MDT)
Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community,(MoCoCo) baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
is the author of the message below but due to a problem
it was posted by Fred the Cohousing-L list manager: fholson [at] cohousing.org

To get off Cohousing-L, send email with UNSUBSCRIBE COHOUSING-L in the
msg body to:  listproc [at] cohousing.org   Questions? email Fred - addr above

hi friends- please pardon my typos, i am on my son's computer  (on vacation)
and his setup doesn't quite work with my email -

just want to chime in - our group - Monterey Cohousing, Minneapolis, MN,
doesn't have a lot of party organizers ( tho i think the new family that just
moved in may possibly change that ) but we do have Occassional Sharings (less
threatening than talent shows, but amazing and varied) (at the  last one, one
big hit was John explaining the mechanism of one of our vintage toilet's flush
mechanism!), plus dances, poetry readings, plays, card games, game nights, etc.

but i think our favorite social activity is what we call co-chats - meeting in
the hallway, by the copier, mail box, laundry room, etc.  My observation is
that we are hard to reach by phone because a quick trip to take out garbage
often takes 1/2 to 1 hour - co chats, social, business, whatever (how was your
trip, ...)

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
coops moved in 1993, townhomes in 1996
One 3 BR  townhome for sale - see our web page
 web page: http://www.jimn.org/mococo/